A. Trademark Usage Guidelines
As the owner of its trademarks, Globanet has the exclusive right to use its trademarks, as well as the right to stop others from using its trademarks improperly or without authorization.
Identification of Globanet products or services is the sole permissible use of Globanet trademarks and logos. The following is a non-exhaustive list of impermissible uses of Globanet trademarks and logos:
- No Globanet trademark or logo may be incorporated into or used as part of a another party’s own logo, company name, product logo or otherwise.
- No Globanet trademark or logo may be used in any way that is likely to be confusing, misleading or deceptive as to the true identity or source of products, services, materials, courses or programs.
- No mark that is misleadingly similar in design or appearance to any Globanet mark or infringes on Globanet trademark rights may be used.
- No Globanet trademark or logo may be used in any manner that is likely to disparage, dilute or negatively affect Globanet’s reputation or any of it products or services.
- No Globanet trademark or logo may be used in a way that is likely to imply that the user, its products, or its services are endorsed by, sponsored or affiliated with Globanet, without written permission from Globanet.
B. Proper Use of Trademarks and Symbols
You may refer to Globanet products and services by their associated Globanet trademarks and service marks, so long as such references: are truthful, fair, and not misleading, and comply with this Policy and any written applicable license agreement between you and Globanet.
1. Use trademarks only as adjectives. Because trademarks are adjectives rather than nouns or verbs, a trademark may not be used alone. Always use a trademark as an adjective immediately preceding the noun applicable to the product.
(a) Correct: This program is enhanced with Globanet Merge1™ technology
(b) Incorrect: The program is powered by Globanet Merge1™.
2. When referencing Globanet as a company, the Globanet name may be used as a proper noun. An exception to the “use as an adjective only” rule exists where the reference to Globanet is a reference to the company. The Globanet name may, in that instance, be used as a trade name; no trademark symbol is needed when referring to the company.
Correct: Today, Globanet announced the release of a new product.
3. Trademarks may not be used in the plural or the possessive. Because trademarks are not nouns, they must never be used in the plural.
(a) Correct: Globanet Merge1™ technology.
(b) Incorrect: Globanet Merge 1™s.
(c) Trademarks must not be used in the possessive.
(d) Correct: The GlobanetMerge1™ product is comprise applications..
(e) Incorrect: Globanet Merge1™’s product …
(f) Globanet trademarks may not be shortened, abbreviated or made into acronyms.
(g) Correct: “Globanet Merge1™ Product.”
(h) Incorrect: “GNMerge1™” and “GNM1™.”
C. Proper Trademark Attribution
1. Include a trademark notice when referring to a trademark. Place an appropriate trademark notice symbol (® or ™) properly. Please see Section II of this Trademark Policy, entitled “Globanet’s Policy for Trademark Symbol Placement Guidelines” for proper placement directions.
2. Use the appropriate trademark symbol. When referring to Globanet trademarks, use the “™” or “®” symbol in accordance with the status of the particular Globanet product or service. Please refer to this Trademark Policy, Section II to determine the correct symbol for the particular trademark being used.
3. Use the trademark legend. In addition to applying the appropriate symbol to the trademark being used, third parties must attribute all Globanet Trademarks in an appropriate trademark legend. The legend may be printed in small print, however, it must be large enough to be legible. Permissible locations to place the legend include but are not limited to, the end of a document, on the back of a package or on the bottom of a web page.
Use the following standard trademark legend in all material referencing any Globanet trademark:
“Globanet, [insert all other trademarks, product names, service names, program names, etc., that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of Globanet Corporation in the United States and other countries.”
D. Additional Trademark Usage Guidelines
- Globanet trademarks may not be used in a party’s company or product names without a written trademark license agreement.
- A licensed party shall not use any other trademark or service mark in close proximity to any of the Globanet Trademarks or combine marks in either case so as to effectively create a unitary composite mark, without the prior written approval of Globanet; provided, however, nothing herein shall prevent such licensed party from preparing and distributing marketing materials in which the Globanet Trademarks and the licensed third party’s marks appear on the same page or slide as discrete marks. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each use of Globanet’s Trademarks is subject to Globanet’s pre-approval, such approval to be withheld at its sole discretion.
- Prior to publication or release, written approval by Globanet must be received by for all advertising and/or marketing collateral or other materials that use Globanet trademarks or logos. Except as provided within this Policy, Globanet’s third party affiliates may not use any Globanet trademark as part of their own logo or company name or in third party advertising, product packaging, Web site or other promotional materials. As such, neither domain names nor metatags in a party’s Web sites may use or include Globanet trademarks or logos without Globanet’s advance written consent. Additionally, without Globanet’s advance written consent, third parties may not hyperlink or deeplink to Globanet Web pages, unless the party provides clear and unmistakable notice that the end user is exiting that Web site and entering the Globanet Web site. The sole circumstance under which deeplinking is permissible is when a need for information on Globanet products, programs, services or technologies exists on the deeplinking party’s Web site.
- Proper references to Globanet products by third parties are permissible. To refer to Globanet products and services, third parties may use Globanet trademarks but only if used properly: Use the trademarks as adjectives and accompany the trademarks with the appropriate trademark symbol and legend. For further guidance, please refer to Section B of this policy entitled “Proper Use of Trademarks and Symbols.”
I. GLOBANET’S POLICY FOR TRADEMARK SYMBOLS
A. Proper Placement of the “TM” Trademark Symbol
1. Placement of the Trademark Symbol should be adjacent to the first and most prominent reference to the trademark. Do not add a space between the trademark name and the symbol. The symbol should be in superscript or subscript. In the absence of those symbols, a parenthetical notation such as (TM) is acceptable.
(a) Correct: Globanet Merge1™
(b) Incorrect: Globanet Merge1
B. Terms and Designs to Associate with the “TM” Trademark Symbol
- Globanet Merge1™
- Globanet Merge1 Cloud ™
C. How to Create the “TM” Symbol in Windows or Mac
Windows: ALT 0153 (hold down ALT key and type 0153 on numeric keypad) | Mac: Use Option-2
D. Frequency of “TM” Trademark Symbol
Place in at least one prominent place in every medium (listed below) in which the aforementioned terms appear. Be consistent but not so commonly as to distract the reader.
E. Mediums Impacted Include
- Website and Microsites (in terms section, if have)
- Collateral (footer)
- Marketing Ads (N/A)
- Product Portal (footer by sections)
- Product Packaging/Labels (footer)
- Reference Manuals (last page)
- Presentations (last slide)
F. Legal Text Blocks
Full Verbiage: Globanet has a reputation for delivering top-notch services and products. Globanet trademarks are vital company assets and Globanet requires that they be utilized correctly. To maintain its reputation and safeguard its trademarks, Globanet carefully guards against any violation of its trademarks. Without written consent from Globanet you may not use Globanet trademarks or imply any affiliation with Globanet. Only approved parties with written consent from Globanet are permitted to use Globanet trademarks in accordance with applicable terms. Should you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com. Thank you.
Shorthand Verbiage When Not Enough Room For Full Verbiage To Fit: Globanet Consulting Services ©2016. All Rights Reserved.
Placement Locations for This Legal Verbiage: See Parentheses in Mediums Above
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the 3. information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
16501 Ventura Blvd., Suite 400
Encino, CA 91436 (USA)